A compilation album of mostly Gourd Music Artists.
from the website:
Some of today’s leading Celtic performers have contributed to this exciting collection of instrumental music from Ireland, Scotland, Brittany and Wales. This 15-track release, which features 6 new tracks and nine previously recorded compositions covers centuries of Gaelic history and scores of musical styles.
The musical mix includes the fiddling magic of such renowned artists as Alasdair Fraser, Martin Hayes, and Deby Benton Grosjean. Also featured are such noted musicians as Seamus Egan, Paul Machlis, and Kevin Burke as well as Gourd Music recording artists William Coulter, Barry and Shelley Phillips, Danny Carnahan and Robin Petrie, Martin Simpson, Kim Robertson, Orison, and Neal Hellman.
Celtic Voyage features exquisite airs such as Cití na gCumman, All Through the Night, Between Deighre and Breo, and The Quiet Land of Erin alongside such uptempo dance pieces as The Rose in the Heather/Tom Billy’s Jig, The Flowing Tide/The Gypsies/The Roaring Hornpipe, Sliabh Russel/Come West along the Road, St. Patrick’s Day/Over the Moor to Maggie, and Breton Dances. Also featured are a number of compositions by legendary harper Turlough O’Carolan, including The Faerie Queene, Separation of Body and Soul, and The Lament for Owen Roe O’Neil. Along with many longstanding favorites, Celtic Voyage delivers some rarely heard gems, among them, Chanter’s Tune, Rowing from Isla to Uist, and The Butterfly.
- Cití Na GCumman – William Coulter
- Breton Dances- Danny Carnahan & Robin Petrie
- All Through the Night- Kim Robertson
- Rose in the Heather/Tom Billy’s Jig- William Coulter
- The Faerie Queene – Shelly Phillips & Friends
- Rowing from Isla to Uist – Barry Phillips
- The Flowing Tide/The Gypsies/The Roaring Hornpipe – Deby Benton Grosjean
- Between Deighre and Breo – Barry Phillips, Martin Simpson & Shelly Phillips
- Quiet Land of Erin – Kim Robertson
- Sliabh Russel/Come West Along the Road – William Coulter
- Lament for Owen Roe O’Neil/Foggy Dew- Neal Hellman & Friends
- St. Patrick’s Day/Over the Moor to Maggie – William Coulter
- The Butterfly – Orison
- Separation of Body and Soul – Barry Phillips, Neal Hellman & Shelly Phillips
- Chanter’s Tune – Shelly Phillips & Friends